BETA Discussion

Home Forums Devianne x35 BETA Discussion & Bug Reports BETA Discussion

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    tekos

First of all there are going to be few people unfortunatelly so chances are you are going to get your dropped item back …probably.Also if Im not mistaken this is c3 not c4 or god chronicle so I’m sorry that you are afraid you are going to lose your 3 years old donation rewards but that’s the way it is.
    About beta I remember silentzor said it would last a week to a month more or less ..I mean i know everything needs to be tested and this is the whole idea of beta but with these rates and community it would take many months to test every class to its latest lvl/ skills and epic armors/jewels/raids …I mean what.. we are gonna wait for 2 years and check for the hero system as well ?

sharyn

Yeah testing every classes might take a while since most people are dagger or sps…

toolpunk
    Administrator

Frankly, I don’t care about that kind of stuff too much. It’s not gonna break the game if some high grade armor gives you the wrong bonuses. And in the vast majority of cases these things are easily fixed. We can still do this when the server is live. Sure, we’d all prefer this to be done before the server goes live, but if we can’t find this stuff in time it’s not the end of the world either.

At this time I’m much more interested in major bugs. E.g. repeatable server or client crashes, inaccessible areas, missing crucial NPCs and the like. When that’s all sorted out we can move on to the pesky little bugs.

And don’t delude yourself that we can balance the game out perfectly before we go live. This is super hard and requires a lot of time and first hand experience. It’s impossibly to do a priori. We’ll continue to gather your opinions on overpowered classes and skills and ultimately try to get the balance right.

silentz0r
    Administrator

What toolpunk said. We don’t wanna check every armor because we can easily fix it (and that’s why we’re not checking them at the moment). Right now we are looking for major server bugs that we need to fix (like those crashes). The balancing part will take place while the server is live.

We are probably half way through the BETA stage, but you never know what might come up.

Alkien

“Full drops are ruining the server, they are ruining my life! Help! Help! You should all farm for S grade for months! You cannot have Akat Long Bow dropped (cos it sells for 2kk adena = 8 mobs killed in DVC Three-Way) that often! You will not get S! No! No … You shall not pass! I on the other hand want my full Titanium back cos I donated! I donated 3 years ago! It was over 200 euros! I did and it was!”

Admin and/or GMs are totally free to delete this post or do whatever you want with it, but I *AM* sorry – it is just as much as a person can be arrogant before making a fool of himself. And someone just passed that line. Less being angry with what we think/say and more anger management sessions, please!

We (most of us anyways) are here only to play some Lineage II, I swear, we are! 🙁

It is not that you do not understand, it is that you do not even question.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Exping in catacombs party of 3 people
    I am so boring, every evning server crash every 20-30 min.
    again ;]
    Some of mobs in catacombs have no animation

Rinem

But hey its fine for, ill just wait untill you go live and let you do all the the testing Jobs. Ill lean back from nowon and see you suffer in the future. And once again Alkien, you are just clueless, but talking. Silent doesnt give out any donation untill people reaches a special point. So longer you guys need, so longer i have to wait. Its not like i get my stuff right from the beginning ^^ But as i said, keep testing your way, ill wait until the server goes live. Until then, im out.

silentz0r
    Administrator

Doing a hard reboot on the server atm.

Alkien

Doesn’t happen only during the evenings/afternoons … I play more in the morning this week cos I am free of work. Server also crashes like every 30 minutes during that time. I would say it is happening all day long.

silentz0r
    Administrator

And what are you doing specifically at the moment of the crash?

toolpunk
    Administrator

@vlobeshnik:
    I appreciate your help, but please don’t make a new post every 2 minutes. I’ve merged them for you now.

@Alkien
    and @Rinem:
    Could you please keep that donation discussion to yourself guys? Battle it out ingame, through PMs or in the spam section. I just don’t want it in this thread.

Xerxes

Come on guys drop off that circus and focus on what they need, most important now is sever crashes focus on that dammit! In the specific time it crash what was the last thing ? talked to npc? Relog to select char? Hit a mob in cata or dvc ? Come on guys they only count with us…

What is a drop of rain compared to the storm? What is a thought compared to the mind?

Alkien

So, yeah … server crashes a lot for past 3 days. Almost like every 1 – 2 hours. Mega big freeze happens, no matter where you are (hunting, farming, chilling in town) … 5 – 10 minutes later server goes down (meanwhile if you force quit and return to game, it says server is “good” but logging in is however impossible) … then after those 5 – 10 minutes server actually goes down, and 5 minutes later it is back to “good” and normal playing is again possible (till next same event of course).

Also … yesterday we experienced a weird event – maybe you guys were doing something to the server, maybe not – all NPCs and mobs disappeared and after 5 minutes or so they slowly started to re-spawn 1 after another. Was indeed, strange.

silentz0r
    Administrator

I believe the crashes have been fixed, so if you could log in and do what you were doing the last few times the server crashed, it would be really helpful to see if it will crash again. So far the server’s been up for 20 hours and there hasn’t been a single crash, but please login and follow your usual routines online.

If anyone has concerns about donations and how things work then let us know but just telling each other off is not nice, especially in a BETA discussion thread which is meant for BETA issues. You can always make a new thread and explain your points.

Also @Rinem it’s not nice of you to say that “you’re done until server goes live”. If you don’t want to help that’s fine, but bragging about it is not.

sharyn

Hi,
    Sever seems stable indeed. Found a bug, VR doesn’t work on Bloody Queen. Meaning, I’m not getting any HP back when hitting those, while it’s working fine on other mobs

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 50 total)
  • The forum ‘BETA Discussion & Bug Reports’ is closed to new topics and replies.