BETA Discussion

Home Forums Devianne x35 BETA Discussion & Bug Reports BETA Discussion

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • Author
    Alkien

Yeah, I reported that already but it seems that is an official drop (as Silentz0r said) … it however is kinda cool if you think about it. Akat long bow sells for 2kk adena which is indeed nice at that particular level (soon to buy A grade, which is a bit more expensive, especially A weapon).

It is not that you do not understand, it is that you do not even question.

sharyn

Weird, from what I’ve found after a quick search, they’re not even supposed to drop it at all, it’s a mid C-grade bow that drops from lv50ish mobs.
    They drop almost as much as Proof of Blood’s, that can’t be official o.O

Rinem

@ Rinem : no, if it’s anything like retail was, you only have a chance to drop stuff when you die to mobs, not in PvP (as long as you don’t have karma of course).

Yet another oddity I found, in front of dvc, there’s one Bloody Queen that gives double xp. She dies just as fast as the other ones, not sure what’s up with that.

The Tallum*Damascus (top A) duals are missing, is it on purpose ?

——————–

Thats basacly right. Now imagine (We are on a freeshard) A Sps against a Tyrant, which both are in a clanwar (i use Sps, i could also say Sorcerer, since he can cancel too, no offence to this clas, this is just one theory, like Stunning a farming player) The Sps is canceling the Tyrant (he dont needs to be flagged, its a clanwar) so those mobs killing him because he lost all of his buffs and drops his gear infront of that clanwared sps, what you belive will happen? And NO, im not afraid of my Donated gear, that have nothing to do with it. Its just that the Official Servers after C3 decided to change it. So only Karmared people can drop, no more dropping by Mobs. Once again i dropped my starting equip when i died by the first mob. That means my char (because it was deep inside a dungeon) was useless, i didnt even had enough money to rebuy a starting equip (xD) Its just against the “Lineage 2” rule that friendly people can drop their stuff too. If i just recalculate that i dropped 4 out of 4 times some of my equip here while playing different chars, im afraid what a Red guy will drop. Never tested it. I just mean, people should drop because they die while farming. “No refound of disapeared items” Thats what the Donation rules says. What happens, once the server laggs, im dying because of it deep inside LoA, dropping my +10 Bow and the Server crashes. A Player that kills others and getting Red knows whats he doing. Gaining Karma over Karma and dying and dropping Stuff is totaly his fault. But dying on a Freeshardmachine, which is laggy 50 times more than official machines (No offense Silent or Tool) and dropping Stuff is just totaly Demotivating. It could happen to everyone of us.

Rinem

And about the Drops. Cant be right at all. The dropchance of an Iron Ore should be 20 times higher as a Bowshaft (Talking about Exe ground) and 15000 times higher as the Bow itself. Got 4 Iron Ores and 16 Bows 😀

sharyn

“Now imagine (We are on a freeshard) A Sps against a Tyrant, which both are in a clanwar (i use Sps, i could also say Sorcerer, since he can cancel too, no offence to this clas, this is just one theory, like Stunning a farming player) The Sps is canceling the Tyrant (he dont needs to be flagged, its a clanwar) so those mobs killing him because he lost all of his buffs and drops his gear infront of that clanwared sps, what you belive will happen?”

Well griefing/scamming sucks, and there’s a million ways to do it in L2…
    That Tyrant knows he’s at war, so he should be aware of his surroundings and see the SpS coming, not much else to say.

silentz0r
    Administrator

If you can afford to be in a clan war, you can afford to buy a Blessed SOE. But that’s not the case, there will always be existing scams, and there also always be ways to avoid them. Like when you would make a random party with some random person and tell them to drop their weapon 3 times and pick it up so it would be safely enchanted, or spawn camping, buffing/healing mobs while someone is farming and so on. We will fix some of those, but not all or else gameplay will be boring.

With that being said, we might remove the drop rate from farming because it really sucks, I personally find it pointless. Not sure yet though.

Fake death chance was lowered to the official (70%) but now I have changed it to 100%.

Anonymous
    Inactive

It is normal that I receive expertise S on 68 lvl? Buy shop S set and kiling Pytans without Hp poition solo.

Alkien

You gain S grade expertise in c3 at level 67. 🙂 And yeah, you can buy S set in the shop and killing Pytans with any class shouldn’t be a problem. Especially if you are a titan or something like that. Mage for example (I play spellsinger) can sleep mobs and kill them 1 by 1.

sharyn

Well since cap level is still 75 in c3, obviously expertise S can’t be 76 :p

Anonymous
    Inactive

In server info cap level 80.

sharyn

indeed, thanks you made me realize there was a server info thread.
    So much custom :/

Alkien

There are indeed some custom things on this server, but look at it this way maybe:

Once you are level 67+ you can focus on creating your spoiler and crafter … spoil for materials to make yourself S jewels, S sets and S weapons, while gaining extra levels for efficient raid killings and obtaining Titanium Sets with your clan mates. Also, all the customs are very balanced (or so I have been told) so it won’t make someone in Titanium totally over-powered in comparison with someone in A grade equipment.

So, sharyn, no worries about that. IMO, all these customs are just to keep us busy. 😉

Rinem

The Titanium gives just a Hand of higher boosts. It is like the difference between A and S. Depending on your Class you can still beat someone in Titanium with an A-Set.

tekos

I have died like 4 or 5 times and still haven’t dropped anthything but dropping stuff when dying even from mobs
    is part of the game and even if it costs a lot sometimes, in my opinion it should not be changed.
    About the akat bows I remember that was happening in your previous server as well…I was going for an hour of
    exp with mage back then and I was earning like 10-15 bows 😛 that can’t be normal but then again it’s not a very big deal.
    I have 2 questions. Are there going to be any catacombs for low lvl in the future?Last time i checked there weren’t.
    Also I have 2-3 lazy friends who want to join but only after beta is done how long do you think it will take
    approximately…Are we half way through beta maybe ?

Rinem

How can we be half times of the beta? We need to check every class to its endlevel, all skills, balanced betweens classes. checking stats with top equip, checking epic raids etc etc etc…

And sorry, in my eyes dropping while farming against mobs is just against the ideal of Lineage 2. That was actually changed for a good reason on C4. Dropping by dying against Mobs were removed. Its just the biggest SHIT to be afraid of dying while farming, why should that be good for any reason at all? You now say its fine, but i wanna see you losing a Baium Ring because of an serverlag which causes your death and someone else picking it up. What is the matter of farming for weeks when 1 simple serverlag could cost you all that efford?

And again, its not about the lowlevel drops that we need to take care of, but if Raids or any Highmobs got the same problem, dropping stuff twice every time? It needs to get checked and solved. Its the Beta right? So whats the deal to say to every second bug we found “Its no big deal”. IT IS A BIG DEAL. That is what the beta was made for. finding bugs/non correct working stuff, solve it and go on. Prob for the Beta its not that bad, but what use does all that costum stuff have if you can gain enough adena within a hand of days to get yourself S-Grade? People will run out of motivation sooner or later, so keep it hard as f*ck. That means also to fix the Fulldrops.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 50 total)
  • The forum ‘BETA Discussion & Bug Reports’ is closed to new topics and replies.