MP potions and Bishop

Home Forums Help & Support Help & Support MP potions and Bishop

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Interprise

<b>Can you make it so that MP potion would be given at once by all MPs? And then in this case it turns out that the Bishop is not relevant in the game. He runs out quickly and does not have time to recover even with a raincoat, a buff on regen mp .. Can you fix the cans? Thank you.</b>

silentz0r
    Administrator

It depends on what you’re trying to do. If you spam abilities, you will run out of mana.

Mana Potions used to be the way you used (instant) and mana was irrelevant, because when you ran out of mana you could just spam mana potions. So we redesigned them to recover mana over time. This way mana & mana recovery makes more sense, and it also gives Elven Elder & Shillien Elder classes a place in the game (with their mana recharge ability). I’m working on a possible buff to those classes, perhaps AoE mana recharge or buff that recharges more mana over time, as well as a possible mana recharge item which requires you to sit down so you can replenish your mana.

But I don’t think increasing mana over time on the current mana potions makes sense. Don’t forget that mana is a resource, if you have unlimited mana there’s no point in having it in the first place.

Interprise

I understand you, but maybe you can return the rule back, just because there are very few people on the server. After all, it’s true that in the case of a small online, as now, the Reuse MP potions is insolvent.  And to change this, you need to spend only 1 minute, change the value in the XML file. Thank you.

Baoulettes

L2Off does not use XML files, L2J does.

Here example of L2Off files :
    skill_begin skill_name = [s_mana_drug] /* [마나 회복 보조 물약] */ skill_id = 2003 level = 1 operate_type = A2 magic_level = 1 effect = {{t_mp;1.5;1}} is_magic = 0 mp_consume2 = 0 cast_range = -1 effective_range = -1 skill_hit_time = 0 skill_cool_time = 0 skill_hit_cancel_time = 0 reuse_delay = 0 activate_rate = -1 lv_bonus_rate = 0 basic_property = none abnormal_time = 20 abnormal_lv = 1 abnormal_type = mp_recover attribute = attr_none effect_point = 0 target_type = self affect_scope = single next_action = none skill_end

that just a different way to present things.
    Yet each change require a manual reboot as well as a manual check to see if that not overpowered or on contrary not worth the change.
    for tiny thing like that it is easy to implement but does after all it will keep the balance?

Pew Pew Pew Laser Game !

Interprise

I thought XML, I’m sorry. I just keep the server Lineage 2 X5, I have XML)) Balance will keep, I beg you to do at least a potions of MP that would immediately give the MP. It will not spoil the balance. Shillien Elder can be rocked at least for the sake of buff magic magic, which you later repair. Well, while on the server there are very few people, I think you can meet the request ..) Thanks.

silentz0r
    Administrator

It is also 1 command to summon in-game items, 1 button to shut down the server, 1 command to drop the database and lose everyone’s data. This is not a matter of whether I can change things or how easy/hard they are to do, but if they should be like that. Old mana potions were too overpowered so we definitely won’t have them exactly like that. I will think about other possible ways, but I still think the current mana potions are sufficient.

If I may ask, what are you trying to do with your bishop? Are you trying to solo a raid boss with 1 fighter and spam heal with the Bishop?

Interprise

Well, yes, I will say. I pumped Treasure hunter to 80lv, another treasure hunter to 77lv, the blade dancer to 74lv, Svs to 58lv, SE to 62lv, a tTyrant to 68lv, destroer to 69lv, SH to 72, Artisan to 62lv, spoiler to 71lv, Bishop up to 58lv, Interesting. I like the server, I support it, but I can not use it fully, just because I play almost one there. Yes, friends brought laptops to me and we tried to kill RB, attacked 4 of them and treated Bishop, but not successfully ..) In theory, anything can be enough, it’s words, but what it says is different. Well, if you can not do anything, then you can not. My business is to write. Thank you.

silentz0r
    Administrator

This information is a lot more useful, thanks for sharing it. How quick did the Bishop run out of mana?

By the way, people have managed to kill Raid bosses with 4 mages and no healer, all spells. I think they had to run back for buffs and mana 3 times (3 x 30 minutes).

Now that I think about it, possibly Body To Mind could be useful for Bishop as well.

Interprise

The bishop’s mana ended in about 40 seconds. In 4 mages it is good to beat RB, only to find them still)) The problem with MP is also present in Spelsinger. Homunculus sword does not work in SA Conversion.

Interprise

This is true does not apply to the topic, but can launch the event medal? Or you can add something from the blissed enchant weapon/armor S grade. (for example, to the castle), if I am sharpened, it will be better with RB. Thank you.

Baoulettes

I rarely have mp issue with my spellhowler, and I don’t user SA for mp just buff and current mp pots.
    I just do that :
    Hurricane -> Hurricane -> Body to mind -> Hurricane -> Hurricane -> Body to mind and so on.
    I rarely run out of mp just when i don’t care at all.
    Also I do use S stuff and dusk sword maybe it quite help a lot I do not know their stat properly :X

Pew Pew Pew Laser Game !

Interprise

For downloading on simple mobs, this works. Spellsinger does not have any options.

silentz0r
    Administrator

The bishop’s mana ended in about 40 seconds. In 4 mages it is good to beat RB, only to find them still)) The problem with MP is also present in Spelsinger. Homunculus sword does not work in SA Conversion.

If mana runs out in 40 seconds, it means that you are spamming your spells. This is expected, and that was the point of the new mana potions: prevent players from spamming spells and making ‘smarter’ gameplay redundant.

For downloading on simple mobs, this works. Spellsinger does not have any options.

Spellsinger has a mana recovery buff that he can only use on himself.

As I said before changing the mana potions to the old “instant” style is not an option. If current mana recovery is too low maybe we can discuss increasing that, or even introducing new ways to restore mana (e.g. increase mana recovery while sitting down).

Interprise

I wonder, but how can I not spamming the charm of a bishop? I was beat and was his BD, 2 Treasure hunter and 1 destroer. So that’s how not to spam? If I stay for 2-3 seconds, they will kill each one in turn)) In addition, I say, on my spell 2 buffs vampiric and no use, then I have a question, the warrior turns out not to be killed by the RB. Only a handful of mages, a pile that can not be found on the server.

Interprise

Or should I take 4 archers? And how to be a melee warrior? Running from the RB when they beat him? And what about bows? Ahah) It’s interesting, as you can imagine how you can smarter kill RB – Bishop, 1 blade dancer, 2 treasure hunter. and 1 destroer? If you say that such a composition does not kill, then it turns out not the equality of classes?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.