Titanium Sets

Home Forums Report Section Suggestions Titanium Sets

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Verena

I Just checked some Stats and was Wondering Why All the Costum Stuff is so Magebased ? A Costum SA for Empower, increases the M Atk by 45%, The Absolutly OPed Titanium Robe, The Absolutly Weak Titanium Light Set, the nerfed Atk Speed Tattoo. I Just decoded for the 2 mainly Used classes, what both Sets Means in an Endresult. I also explained what STR, DEX, WIT and INT would mean on the classes i use as an example.

Titanium Robe Set Decoded (Spellsinger)

+22% Casting Speed
    +17% M.Atk
    +2 WIT (2 WIT on an Elf Mage means 12% Casting Speed Bonus)
    +3 INT (3 INT on an Elf Mage means 16,17% M.Atk)
    ——————–
    Result:
    34% Casting Speed
    33,17% M.Atk

Titanium Light Set Decoded (Hawkeye)

+8% Atk. Speed
    +12% P.Atk
    +2 STR (2 STR on a Human Fighter means 4% P.Atk)
    +4 DEX (4 DEX on a Human Fighter means 4% Atk. Speed)
    ——————–
    Result:
    12% Atk. Speed (If we now Accord that Archers ATK Speed WITH the Tattoo for Attack Speed is 600, The Setbonus would give me UNBELIVEABLE 72 Atk Speed.
    16% P.Atk

And if thats not Enough, the Robe Set gives M AND P Def. The Lightset only M Def. If i put in that the Imperial Staff with its Costum 45% M atk, its going to be a pure Mage Server. And Now you even changed the Atk. Speed Tattoo? What for? You want a fair Balance at all? Push One Set or Reduce the other one. 22% Atk Speed and 17% P Atk. Why Setting the Both Tattoos for Attack Speed (Now 23%) and Casting Speed (23%) on the exact same Level, but putting such an enormus Difference on the Armor? The only weired thing on the Attack Speed was the Daggers and their stack of Attack Speed ups (Dagger + Haste). But thats no a reason to reduce the attack speed for all classes. If you still want so, reduce the Casting Speed tattoo to 13%, and compare both armor carefully. Its not like 1 STR on P atk compares to 1 INT on M atk. The Fighter with the Highest STR is the Darkelf. The Mage with the highest INT is the Darkelf. 1 STR on a Darkelf Fighter means 2% P. Atk. 1 INT on a Darkelf Mage means 7,77% M.Atk. That means if an Darkelf Fighter put on the Titanium Light, he would gain 2 STR, which gives him 4% P.Atk. And when a Darkelf Mage put on the Titanium Robe, he would gain 3 INT, which gives him 21,12% M.Atk. Those Stats, Specially The WIT/INT for Mages and STR/DEX for Fighter cant be compared 1:1. 2 WIT on a Darkelf Mage are 10% Casting Speed. 4 DEX on a Darkelf Fighter are 4% Attack Speed. Eventho he got only 2 WIT and we get 4 DEX he still got almost 3 times more out of it as we do.

http://lineage.pmfun.com/list/stat

silentz0r
    Administrator

Before making so many calculations, why don’t you try out some PvP? If you calculate the stats for all sets, mages always get more because they are more squishy. It doesn’t mean they are more overpowered 🙂 Tattoo of Soul is being carefully measured, so don’t worry about this. I am actually considering a way of increasing archer’s atk speed a bit more when using this tattoo.

The nerf came because daggers were getting crazy attack speeds. As I said, this is not a final change, so don’t worry about it so much.

But as I said, don’t focus so much on the maths. Play the game, if you see anything wrong with it while playing then report it. 4% and 20% and 50% don’t mean anything on their own.

toolpunk
    Administrator

Also I’m dead sure you can’t just add percentages unless they all refer to the same base value.

Example: Assume the basic casting speed was 100. +2 WIT -> +12%, which would leave us with a casting speed of 112. Now you get a 22% increase on that which equals 136.64.

tekos

I want to say two things…First, Verena I think you are obsessed and you need to relax and enjoy the game.
    We are not having mass pvp in this server yet and unfortunately we dont know if we are ever going to have.
    Also I have checked pvp with some friends (mages,daggers and archers,b grade,same lvls with prophet buffs)
    and mages really suffered…I mean it was too easy for the fighters(and dont tell me that the mage didnt know how to play because I can prove you that at least at those lvls and gear mage is getting pwned easily) so I believe mages are going to need this “better armor boosts” from the later armors that you mentioned .And if later we start having more people
    and much more pvp and mage seems to be too strong then admins could do something about it.
    BTW I am not playing with mage…

Verena

Also I’m dead sure you can’t just add percentages unless they all refer to the same base value.

Example: Assume the basic casting speed was 100. +2 WIT -> +12%, which would leave us with a casting speed of 112. Now you get a 22% increase on that which equals 136.64.

This is How c3 works. The Buff % Stack on the previous Value. This is why you took good on the fact, reducing the M atk Tattoo. Its not like c4, that all the buffs, stats and SA abilities depend on a basic Value. They increase with every Buff. I dont want any class to get weakened. I just dont get it why you did reduces the Atk.Speed Tattoo by 10% from 33% to 23%. I dont know if you guys know what atk speed different classes should have on some basics, i can only tell you by my archer so far. And being buffed with Haste Level 2, Atk.Speed Tattoo, Rapid Shot 2, Passiveskill: Boost Attack Speed (Human passive), Doom Light (+3 DEX) and ive got a Attack Speed of 622. Im almost maxed out on Atk Speed. And the Human Archer on C3 is the one with the highest Attack Speed. Its not a QQ, but why changing the general atk speed of Fighter classes, when on the BETA only the Daggers were bugged. The fullbuffed attack speed stacked the animation of the character. Yet we also tested the casting speed maxed out and we reached a limit where the nuker didnt even used an animation by its high casting speed, but you let the c. speed tattoo untouched? I Dont want you to nerf anything, of lower the Mage Tattoos. Yet dont touch other Tattoos unless you tested every possibility. The only thing that was OP was the M atk Tattoo, which used by a Spellhowler with the Tita Robe + the M Atk Staff would doom everyone. The Casting speed is fine. But why kicking the fighters once more? Let the Tattoo as it is and look for another solving for the Daggerproblem. One which does not touch other fighters.

toolpunk
    Administrator

Not sure if there’s a misunderstanding here.
    Because buffs stack onto the previous (or current depending on your point of view) value you cannot add percentages like that. E.g. 100% + 2% + 2% = 104% -> 4% increase.

Unless L2 does something really weird or smart the second buff would simply use the already buffed value as base value. So you would get a bonus on the bonus. Like 100 + 2% = 102% -> 102% + 2% = 104.04% -> 4.04% increase. Which means you should notice a 36.64% casting speed increase boost of the 34% you calculated.

I can’t really comment on possible changes at the moment. This quite simply hasn’t been tested well enough yet. If we should notice serious problems once we have more PvP fights we sure will address them. At this time it’s too early though. But it’s good you’re actively thinking about this kind of stuff and making us aware of potential issues.

Verena

I can tell you that is the fact, that the buffs stack on the current Value of Stats. But this is correct in c3. Its just a problem when you add costumized things in. Like Special M.Atk Weapon which increases M atk by 45%%%%%%% and not just 45 M.Atk (which is the usual way) Or Now changing the Atk Speed Tattoo but let the Casting Speed tattoo untouched.

toolpunk
    Administrator

Your information is not correct. And your way of calculating these values isn’t either.

You said +2 STR on a Human Fighter means 4% P.Atk, but this is wrong. Adding 2 STR points to my human fighter char took my P.Atk. from 1502 to 1552. The difference is 50. Calculated to a base value of 1502 that’s an increase of about 3.32%. You then get the 12% on top of the 1552, which is 1739 (ceiling).

So it works like this [ [1502 + 3.32%] + 12% ]. The 12% also affect the STR bonus you get. THIS is stacking.

silentz0r
    Administrator

I want to say two things…First, Verena I think you are obsessed and you need to relax and enjoy the game.
    We are not having mass pvp in this server yet and unfortunately we dont know if we are ever going to have.

This exactly. And by the way, archers shouldn’t notice a big difference by the Tattoo atk. speed reduction, because your base attack speed without tattoo should be around 500, so 500 + 23% = 615, 500 + 33% = 665.

We are still trying out all tattoos and Special Abilities. I’ve said this a million times, balancing takes time and it’s not just about the math. We need to see how it affects gameplay. If something becomes final, then sure you can make a fuss about it.

Verena

Shouldnt feel the difference? 10% on my current archer would mean 70 atk speed bonus. This is almost the difference between “Very Slow” and “Slow” Bows. Dont tell me i dont feel the difference. Ive got a Human with the highest attack Speed, the Tattoo, Haste, Berserker Spirit, a “Slow” Bow, Rapid Shot 2, Dark Crystall Light Set (Highest Atk Speed Set besides S Grades), 696 Attack Speed. There is no “math” But when a fully Buffed Archer (Songs + PP) got trouble killing yellow Mobs on Top Gear for its level…. And just to let you know, 70 Attack Speed, the Titanium Set gives 8%. So much for the fact of “not feeling the difference”

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.