The CP-System

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Verena

Hey Silent,

You already explained me why you dont like the CP system. The CP pots causing Lag, the CP pots can be spammed, i understand your position. Yet the CP system was a NC Soft implented Balancing, to fix the higher DPS of Mages by giving CP calculated by the CON, which automaticly increases the CP of Fighter more than Mages. Yet, with the complete delete of the System you take away like 900 CP points of Mages on max Level and 2200+ CP of classes like Duelists. Deleting that whole system you debalanced the whole differences between Mages and Fighter Classes. A Duelist now wouldnt even catch the Nuker befor hes falling down dead. Putting of the System isnt just putting of CP for everyone, it just nerves the Fighter. The Server, with all the Costums and your own CP-Setting is giving Mages the upper hand in every point. The use of MP Pots is 70% for Mages, 25% for Archer/Dagger classes and Classes like Tanks, Gladiator, Destroyer or Tyrants arent in need of those anyway. Plus the Costum SA of the 2 Handed S Staff (Increases M atk by 45%) Imagine a Spellhowler using a S robe to use the Max of his M atk, a +0 S Staff, a Matk Tattoo, EMpower, Berserker Spirit. And, if you want, you can put in Dance of Mystic as well. There is nothing special on the stuff i counted on. Yet this Spellhowler would, without the CP system, destroy the Gladiator in 2 Nukes. W/E his Casting speed of 800 would be. The stuff, costumized is actually only helping Mages. Your own changes included. Im not crying, just trying to make a point. And whoever plays a Mage here and cryspam on this thread, is just proving me right. Putted together all the possible M.Atk Stuff it would be:

Titanium Robe: 15% M.Atk + 3 INT (21,12%)
    Tattoo: 40% M.Atk
    S Staff Empower SA: 45% M.Atk
    Empower Buff: 65% M.Atk
    Berserker Spirit: 16% M.Atk
    Dance of Mystic: 20% M.Atk
    ———————-

Makes Together a Hell lot of M atk. Lets say a Spellhowler on Level 75 with a SAless Staff got 1000 M.Atk. With all this Counted Stuff he would end up with 6494 M.Atk. Seriously? Eventho he is Only using Acumen and Zerk and Con Dance and the Titas 22% C. Speed he yet will come to around 800-900 C. Speed on a M.Atk that Crushes Every Fighter with 2 Nukes. I Dont know if its tested and my Theroy is right. But the Equip thats putted in my Calculation is nothing Superspecial. Not even Baium for the C.Speed and Valakas for the M.Atk is Counted in. If you are up to, you could make yourself a Spellhowler, use the stuff i put in here and screen in. Im again not trying to troll or nerv classes here. I apologize if i attack someone direcly. But iam a Fighter class. And i totaly dislike the idea of a custom server that is servicing Mages everything while the Fighter struggle. There should be a fair handling for everyone.

silentz0r
    Administrator

Your theory is not right, because you are forgetting about Jewelry and Magic Defence, including magic defence buffs/dances. There are also resistance buffs/songs/dances. We realize that whoever has the most CON loses more from CP, but still that’s all there is to it. We can’t fix things based on theories. Once we get some PVP action going on we can then balance things out.

Please refrain from theories and only post stuff that has actually been tested. We already had 2 people fighting over things that weren’t even tested, so let this be the last one. Once we go live, it doesn’t mean that nothing is changing.

Verena

We cant test it with 5 people on the server. things need to be tested from the gm site. giving people maxed chars to test stuff out. else the beta will take a year…

silentz0r
    Administrator

We will test maxed chars when we get some maxed chars ingame. We have tested on our side most things that need to make sense mathematically, now it’s up to the community to try it when we go live. As I said, such things can be changed while we are live. In fact, if we start testing maxed stuff and semi maxed and mixed gear whatsoever, this would take a year. We are currently fixing the last bugs that we want fixed before the server is stable, playable and enjoyable and the rest will be taken care of while the server is live.

Verena

I dont know. If i would play a Spellhowler, donating, getting maxed and you then realize: Damn, hes too strong, lets nerf him because his damage is too high” i would feel pissed because i donated for a char, thats getting nerfed once its live. I still dont know why not testing it now. It would take a week to test it all. If every Beta Tester is getting access to the free gm shop to test out the maximum of each class, we can prob fix the stuff befor it goes live, but thats up to you.

silentz0r
    Administrator

Five people cannot successfully test this out, which is why we don’t put that much effort into it. Always remember that donation does not mean purchase, it means appreciating mine and @toolpunk ‘s work hours, which are unpaid. That is the whole purpose of testing and nerfing/boosting. We try things out and see what the majority of the community thinks. This needs to be quite a few people. As I said, we have relatively balanced classes with every class having something quite powerful. If we see once we launch that any class is overpowered, we will take actions. But it is very unlikely that only one class will be overpowered, or else we would have spotted it already. So expect changes on things that affect every player – like SA’s, Set bonuses, and common skills (or skills for every class).

Blizzard, Inferno and the rest of those powerful spells will receive a small nerf soon as well. If we had 50 or more active people in BETA we could also try some mass pvp, split them into two clans and have wars and maybe have a siege as well. But unfortunately there’s just too few people to arrange those things. A 1v1 won’t teach us anything, as it can go either way anytime.

If people are up for arranging some mass pvp/raids/sieges then sure we can try those things. But we won’t wait forever, as we need to go live eventually.

Hope this is clear enough.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘BETA Discussion & Bug Reports’ is closed to new topics and replies.