Silent rant on advertising

Home Forums Devianne x35 General Silent rant on advertising

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    silentz0r
    Administrator

Hey guys,

I’m making this a forum post to make sure mainly active members read this and participate / give me their opinions.

So, as you may have noticed we get the occasional a$$hole who tries to advertise their server in our server or on our website, as if people come here to check for new servers. I try to clean up such posts on the website, but there’s nothing I can do about ingame.

I hate douchebags who try to steal population, as we’ve never done anything like that. There’s legitimate websites & forums (such as topzone etc.) where they can post their server on, just like everyone does.

I really hope you boycott any server advertised here other than our own, just for the sake of good spirits. I’ve never ever joined a server spammed / advertised on another server just because it always pissed me off. It’s such a dick move. I won’t go on another rant posting about our cool features etc., because frankly that’s the reason you’re here and not there.

One notable example is a guy called “MrMeo”, also known as “madocter”. He is the admin of a C1 server who recently decided to personally contact me about “joining servers”, also known as “giving him our files for free so he can run away”. And by no surprise, a few days after I denied his request (which included fixing his server’s bugs) he announced his own C2/C3 project, and he’s been coming online to try and get our people on his server. MrMeo or whatever the fuck your name is, if you’re reading this you’re a fucking douchebag. Clear the fuck out of here and stop pissing us off.

The reason I am posting about his server(s) here is that I do not consider his server competition, and guys like him really piss me off. Even though he’s probably ripped off our client completely and will give us 0 credit (he has already done it in the past with our old client fixes), he doesn’t have our unique features (including the L2x features) and frankly he’s being a major dick. I don’t care that he’s running a copycat server, but trying to steal our people is just filthy and shit.

So yeah, if what you’ve read so far has intrigued you make sure you google his server and go join him, I’m sure he’ll be the best admin ever.

Again, that’s just my opinion, feel free to post your thoughts.

/rant

Crush

Ah, that sucks man.

Don’t worry though, shit like that annoys and pisses me off. I’m sure it does the same for most other people. If I want to find another server, I go search for it. I don’t sit in a server and wait to see an advertisement, lol. Not much is more annoying in a game than spam.

sorry, i would love to respond to this post, but im to busy creating an account on sir douchebags game

*jk jk jk jk plz dont send the ban hammaz on me*

Alkien

Twistaaaa biiiach! Where have you been!? πŸ˜› Long time no see! πŸ˜€

It is not that you do not understand, it is that you do not even question.

im really sorry man, work has been so f’ing crazy at work since the cold weather hit, im really hoping to get some time to play after the holidays…i hadnt seen you on for quite a while either prier to me getting bombarded at work, you playen quite a bit more now?

Alkien

True, was “offline” for about 2 or 3 weeks. Am back now … but if no one else is online, I just log off. There are some new French ppl around, really cool and friendly group, as for our clan, only seen Midona a day or 2 back … otherwise … none that I know of. πŸ™‚ Hopefully more ppl will come and stay in the near future. πŸ™‚

It is not that you do not understand, it is that you do not even question.

silentz0r
    Administrator

And madocter is back, by the name “shurmano”. This time, he simply tells me ingame that he just wants to copy our features and steal our people. I’m not even gonna bother IP banning etc. simply because he doesn’t wanna play here, so he’ll just get another IP to copy our shit.

He wants to be unethical and try to make money out of our ideas. I really hope something terrible happens to him in real life, I don’t understand why there have to be people like himself even in such small communities.

For the record, if you do join his projects I hope you’re not disappointed when he gets your money and shuts it down.

it really sucks man, i know you guys put a lot of work into this server and it pisses me off to see people feed off your own hard work….but unfortunately this world is full of free loaders and there really isnt anything we can do about it and society is just making it easier to turn people into free loaders unfortunately. Β Best thing you can do is just not let it drive you crazy because if hes really this lazy that he has to steal all the work you guys have put into the server then obviously hes not going to wanna do any work to keep the server hes putting up running, and anyone that he potentially “steals” is just gonna put in time and effort of their own only to have it wasted. Β No point letting him ruin your day.

Baoulettes

Well I only have one thing to tell.
    Your, I mean by someway our server is the best in it’s cathegory (by our I mean Players make the server too cause no players , no server :))
    Back few years ago when my old C3 server goes to C4 I automatly looked for C3 server and that here OS poped with the same server files and also bug so eeeeh I liked it from it’s root even with all it’s bug.
    And during my play here, I was also looking for other server & chronicle (Inot an hardcore gamer that come everyday but I have a nice experience in Lineage :3)
    and also I was looking for server files and did several little test like a local server to see the behind of the scene.
    And honnestly OS seem bit “slow” for some to publish update or new content but that such a work for two people (Silent and Tool) that pretty good what is made :p
    So even if there a stealer that steal the client honnestly he will not go that far with it.
    He doesn’t have the engine to power it properly.
    Anyway OS as always been the best C3 I’ve meet and will always so nah I will never go away on other server like IA that have crappe killing gameplay or a stealer that doesn’t even have heart on others creation, work etc.

A word for you Silent now :
    if that person can access only the client really I don’t think he will go far, like does he know how to add weapon in the dat?
    That an example but I sure he can’t do much more than an original C3 Client would provide him, exept for new armor and weapon, but still he will need such amount of weapon to “import” it on C3 server files that you don’t have to worry for your server πŸ˜‰
    Even if he have L2x Server files it does provide client side too so still I don’t see what it can do to OS =3

Anyway all that to say in short I love os and nothing else πŸ˜›
    I still remind my old char πŸ˜› Midona with crappy S looking stuff and imperial staff XD
    I had a screen of my whole team of Gotrunk/Alamitrie/Midona/Baoulettes/Billbourin at Elven village XD

Pew Pew Pew Laser Game !

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.