Server is Down!

Home Forums Help & Support Help & Support Server is Down!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    silentz0r
    Administrator

The server has been up for 15 hours 55 minutes as I type this message, so I guess this was still the ISP’s fault. I need as much details as possible to write some scripts that will handle situations like this:

1) The server was restarting approximately every 30 minutes. Were you able to log in to the server after the restart?
    2) Was there any lag while the server was up (between restarts)?
    3) @verdi , the lag that you mentioned was after this situation was resolved. Could you give me any details as to what sort of lag there was? i.e. item lag (soulshots not activating, potions not being consumed), net lag (character was unresponsive/you clicked and the char moved after a few seconds, typing in chat didn’t show up instantly).

The most important question is if you were able to play in between restarts, because the server’s hostname couldn’t be resolved (this means that my scripts thought the server had no internet connectivity and were trying to restart the server).

Thanks for the feedback guys.

ToNy Montana

goodmorning silentz0r

we just noticed that when gameserver restart we got too much lag after some minutes mobs disappeared
    some mini roll back
    generaly we can play but not enjoy the gameplay

verdi

net lag (character was unresponsive/you clicked and the char moved after a few seconds, typing in chat didn’t show up instantly).

yes net lag unresponsive and delayed inputs!

The most important question is if you were able to play in between restarts, because the server’s hostname could not be resolved (this means that my scripts thought the server had no internet connectivity and were trying to restart the server).

yes we where for like 20 min or smt?

silentz0r
    Administrator

Great, then everything is pointing towards the ISP. The issues seems to be fixed now, I’ve tweaked the restart scripts a bit so next time this happens the server won’t be auto-restarting (as there is no point to that) but it will rather stay online until the issue is fixed (hopefully this won’t be happening again, but we’d rather be prepared).

verdi

down again

verdi

Login server + server down? is it just me or do others also have that phenomenon?

silentz0r
    Administrator

I wrote a news article about this, our ISP is having issues. I’m on the phone with them right now trying to get this resolved.

verdi

awesome 😀

sorry i didnt want to be a pain in the ass 🙂

ps: i like them avatars! i will keep that!

silentz0r
    Administrator

Final Update: Everything is fine again.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.