Malware found

Home Forums Devianne x35 General Malware found

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

While extracting your installer i got malware warning TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen3 in the file Fire.dll

I played this game from beta-c5 on official Us-Server Bartz. I would like to try out C3 again, but iam not willing to install the game before explanation of the staff side.

silentz0r
    Administrator

Which anti-virus program detected that? That specific Fire.dll was developed a really long time ago so I wouldn’t be surprised if it raised some false alarms.

Avira Antivir, also in another file another signature. Sorry its in german, but the basic information is inside the copied text.

Die Datei ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Lineage II C3\system\vista7.dll’
    enthielt einen Virus oder unerwünschtes Programm ‘TR/Agent.328704.25’ [trojan].
    Durchgeführte Aktion(en):
    Die Datei wurde ins Quarantäneverzeichnis unter dem Namen ‘54477ba2.qua’ verschoben!

Die Datei ‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Lineage II C3\system\fire.dll’
    enthielt einen Virus oder unerwünschtes Programm ‘TR/Crypt.XPACK.Gen3’ [trojan].
    Durchgeführte Aktion(en):
    Die Datei wurde ins Quarantäneverzeichnis unter dem Namen ‘4cd15405.qua’ verschoben!

silentz0r
    Administrator

I just scanned the file myself for viruses using Microsoft Security Essentials and it did not return anything.

Vista7.dll came from a trusted source and it also doesn’t raise any warnings on my AV. If you don’t want to use vista7.dll you can delete the file and use L2Loader.bat (you will get this file after you update your client).

As far as Fire.dll, since it was developed such a long time ago I’m sure it doesn’t comply with today’s standards for coding and therefore raises an error. Here are some related results with people having issues even on the official servers:

http://forum.pmfun.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=12959&start=285
    https://www.facebook.com/Lineage2Dex/posts/200386643397071 (Lineage2.ro)

Hope this helps.

i scanned the files with other online scanners and they seem to be ok. the game is running now, just 1 curious thing happend. i placed the file to be ignored.
    while iam playing in window mode and ill switch to the browser etc., means that the lineage2 process is in the backround, l2 will crash immedently without notification.

edit: while it seems to run stable in fullscreen mode

silentz0r
    Administrator

Do some research on the forums, we have plenty of material for common problems:

Alt+Tab Crash Fix

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.