August 19, 2014 at 11:00 pm EEST #2268ngawhatMember
I stumbled upon this Pserver since it was on the top of google’s search (without paying to be the top) and I really, really want to return back to L2 gaming. No other games have satisfied gaming like L2 C3 days. I quit after interlude and havent played L2 since then.
I have lots of questions and hopefully many of the veterans here can answer. I did skim through the discussion to but did not quite find my answers.
1. How closely does this server emulate L2 C3? (other than the obvious 35x) Examples: XP loss, PK red names, teleports, consumables
2. I don’t like clients offering buffs but I can understand as population is low and no one wants to play buffers and healers. How is this managed ingame? are there buff bots? do you need characters to play buffers/healers?
3. Crafting. I played a bounty hunter as my main. Are the dwarf classes obsolete here? I have seen other servers that lets you just buy the equipment without needed to farm or find a crafter.
4. PVP and probably the most important question as L2 had the best pvp system. How closely does it follow retail version of c3?
5. XP’ing. Can I still run trains as an AOE in the cata and necros?August 20, 2014 at 3:31 am EEST #2269silentz0rAdministrator
Hello and welcome, glad to see more old skoolers finding out about us! I’ll answer your first statement without being a question: we’ve been the only active C3 server for the past 5 years, so there’s a reason why we’re the top google result.
- This server is L2OFF C3. Imagine Retail C1 but with C3 features added to it (only actual way I can explain it). Some basic functions are still based as they were in C1, but most features that were introduced to C1-C2-C3 have been added. XP loss is 4% per death, less XP gained by green / light blue / blue mobs, PK works as it did on retail (more PKs = more Karma = harder to clear), extra teleports have been added to one “main” gatekeeper, most consumables are sold in the custom shops, including customized (and balanced) mana potions (but not spammable).
- We do not offer global buffers. Prophet buffs, Agility and Empower can be obtained by a Clan Hall Buffer (who you get if you have a Clan Hall) and that’s it. Buffers will receive some extra buffs (lol) for usage in PvP as well (such as crowd control).
- All gear up to A grade can be obtained through shops. However, you need to Craft your own S grade weapons / armors, as well as custom Dusk Weapons. You of course need to spoil materials, and have customized all material drops (spoil list can be found under Tutorials & Guides section)
- PvP has not really been touched. We have played around a bit with some imbalanced C3 spells (such as SPS Cancel) to give other classes a chance against them, but other than that it is as you remember it. Everyone is overpowered pretty much, which is what was so awesome about this Chronicle.
- Botting is not allowed. Sure, you can dualbox you characters but know that if someone reports you for botting or you are caught AFK farming (botting) you will be punished. Make sure you read our rules.
If you ever played on C3 private servers, we have tried to re-create L2x. We do not claim to be L2x simply because every remake of that server was a fail / scam, so we are doing our own thing. Most scripts and client come from L2x, as well as other unique server features (including a custom Hero System, Dusk Weapons, Titanium Armors, Catacombs, Clan Kick timeouts etc.).
Lastly, you haven’t asked about Donations but I would like to keep things in a single topic here. All gear is obtainable / farmable in-game. However, Donors do get special perks and will receive more special perks in the future.
Our Tutorials & Guides subforum has a lot of information which you could find useful.
Hope I answered your questions, feel free to post follow-ups 🙂August 20, 2014 at 4:27 am EEST #2270ngawhatMember
There was really no question about donations because I figured it would be like that. I have had some experiences in P servers shortly after my initial quitting from retail some many years back.
I was able to mess around in game and met a friendly person that helped guide me as well as a russian player who hates USA and promised to PK me every chance he gets.
I was informed that dwarf classes are all but useless and you have stated that it is only required to make S grade in. Well, cant say it really sucks since being a crafting class is pretty much useless. I was also told that everyone has made one just for crafting. Seems like the only classes to main are all the PvP classes which was the advice I was given in game.August 20, 2014 at 4:38 am EEST #2271silentz0rAdministrator
We are constantly implementing new features, and one of our main goals is to improve unused classes in PvP. As I said, current plans include Buffers receiving a buff in the future, as well as Tanks, Dwarves and Warlocks. Not so much in dealing damage, but rather Crowd Controlling / Disabling / Defending.August 24, 2014 at 4:27 am EEST #2291TwistaaaaaaaaaaMember
hey whats your ingame nick? nice to see more people from my timezone on here 😛
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.