Gustavs – Thats how PvP should look like

Home Forums Devianne x35 Photos & Videos Gustavs – Thats how PvP should look like

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Verena

Verena

batlubo

If you believe there is any better gameplay than the one shown by the following person, you are wrong. Check the rest of the videos as well, it is not just a single class pro.

Verena

Those people are not even close to Kagan or Gustavs. Both were in A grade, fighting S Grade and later on Dynasty. They were absolutly undergeared, non heroes without any overenchants. Those people you showed were Heroes with almost Endgame equip. Everyone can play like that, thats no big deal. On top all these People are pvping with dances, songs, a party behind them and even a Bishop keeping them alive. Gustavs got PP buffs and a few cp pots. You cant compare the 2 videos. its clearly Gustavs whos the better pvp-player into this.

Anonymous
    Inactive

damn , i remember jghphhhf . sure does alot of pwnage , last time i played against them was on sublimity.

some old vids with the clans i played with.

Stonetemple alliance.

Sixpounder clan.

Game was kinda dead on that date..
    but we still had some fun with the last clans standing.

Enjoy

Verena

Thats just Group vs Group PvP. Good, X alliance on Teon was the top of those kinds. But i talked about Single Player that easly beat a Full Party undergeared. Gustavs and Kagan were both underequipped. A Grade, Dagger is Majestic against Heroes, people with +10 S or Dynasty later on. Offical server without any Costum stuff. Everything else is Childsplay. And non of you twos videos can compare to Kagan or Gustavs. You know MuerteLegend or DanielDefo? Both duelists. Everyone is praying them, but both are useless. Epayed, fighting with a Duelist in S84 +16 against A/S Mages. Even my Gradma could kill them with a character like that. Daniel Defo was so proud of his “mass” pvp victories. Yet he Played a Hero Duelist with +16 S84 Duals and S84 Top Armor Set full elemented against A Grade mages… People like Dvp, Squeez, DanielDefo, MuerteLegend are just ebayed wannabies, far away from being skilled.

Anonymous
    Inactive

i am just talking about pvp video’s .. and how it has been fun in the past years.
    not necessarily has to be single player PvP due the ‘pro-ness’ of a player or a clan/alliance.
    this is a video section . so i’m just sharing some fun videos i played with in the history.
    no offensive towards you. i don’t know these guys .. but i think they would be a great competition.

Verena

you posted a video in my Gustavs thread, not the video section xD

batlubo

The topic was “Gustavs – Thats how PvP should look like”. I thought that you meant overall how a PvP should look like in Lineage 2, and decided that 1vs1 or 1vsMany with inferior gear is hardly how the PvP looks or should look like. In order to be ‘successful’ in Lineage 2, 1vs1 PvP is only a fraction of an entire set of skills that you should possess. I define success in Lineage 2 (Until C5) by using the following definitions:
    – Knowing inside-out all the classes of the game.
    – Being as best as possibly equipped (at least S grade sets, weapons and epic boss jewels), main and sub-classes.
    – Being able to play with great precision and professionalism in both PvE and in PvP* with 98% of the classes in the game.
    – Being Hero more than 6 consecutive times, with different classes.
    – Overall knowledge of the game (bosses, quests, sieges, PvPs, dungeons, bugs and etc) must be on a level that minimizes the chance of making mistakes during intense, under-stress game-play where quick and accurate decision making is vital to the successful outcome.
    – Playing with high-skilled, wise, smart, knowledgeable and tolerant people.
    – Dedicate as many hours to game-play as possible and be online during most if not all important events – bosses and sieges.
    – More – many small details about the game not mentioned in this list (since this is just a reply to a comment to a forum and not an article written by a Lineage 2 guru, which I certainly do not consider myself) that reduce the chance of making mistakes during intense, excessive and prolonged game-play.
    *PvP – any type of PvP possible that can come to your mind – any buff-set, party-set, PvP-set and circumstance.

Now, in order to be successful in Lineage 2 you have to be good, AMONG OTHER THINGS, in PvP 1vsMorethan1. However having skills ONLY in such type of PvP (just like Gustavs) does not make you, by far, professional or successful.

To the comment “People like Dvp, Squeez, DanielDefo, MuerteLegend are just ebayed wannabies, far away from being skilled. “, you cannot compare the guy I posted videos about with these people, since he did not donate.
    This person achieved everything that you can achieve in Lineage 2 on a private server, with decent (if not large) number of players. He accomplished everything stated above and more, he had over 6500 PvPs with only 1 of his characters. He was as good as or much better in any aspect of the game than 99.98% of the top players that played on retail at the time of C5.

If you believe that badly equipped and just the same buffed player who wins battles against well-equipped people (and sometimes classes that if you cannot beat with the class he played you should not be considered even average-skilled player), is how a PvP should look like in Lineage 2 and is a sign of professionalism, then I would consider you mad.

Verena

And you know that he was 99,98% better because? i regret you played on every single retail ^^ Yet DVPs pvp count was higher than 9000. The fact that it IS a freeshards makes it way more useless. Gustavs is one, if not even the best TH out there. By many facts. Having top equip isnt a success. Its a teamwork which is irrelevant for a single player like gustavs. He never wanted a good clan, thats why he refuses to join X or ITT. When a Dagger in a S84 Armor, such as Vorpal looses against a Dagger in a Majestic Armor its means he is way more skilled. Lineage 2 was eversince c2 a pure Equipment game. The enemies he fought against were 80% with dancer, singer and WC/PP on their way. You can say what ever you want, the people you posted up there are just some other freeshard pvpers with some good equip. 1 out of 1000 today.

batlubo

I never played on retail and your sarcasm is beyond preposterous. You can find on YouTube most successful players and compare them (their gear and fighting skills). You cannot compare DVP to other private-server players since he played much more on retail (and bought items) even though it takes longer to achieve the same, however there were much more people with inferior gear on retail at that time.

Having much better gear than the rest of the server along with professional game play renders many others free kills and it is success if you are the one with gear. It is success and professionalism to slaughter everyone on your with a skilled party. Lineage 2 was (I do not know now) all about team play and collectivism – that was the only way to taste everything that the game offers.

I never said Gustavs is a bad PvPer especially where he specialized – winning tough 1vsMany battles. However, I still believe that he did not get to the top and grabbed the prize of a successful player since he did not play mainly in team with others, which once again Lineage 2 is all about. What Gustavs did is just a little part of the whole, that others did. You cannot admit that he is the best TH (Adv) because he was winning the battles aforementioned in your comment, as I said it requires more to be the best TH. Again, he was good where he specialized and that cannot be called “Thats how PvP should look like”.

john doe

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.