Easier Beta testing

Home Forums Devianne x35 BETA Discussion & Bug Reports Easier Beta testing

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Rinem

Hi guys, i found some stuff and wanted to share it with you.

I logged in and i felt its pretty hard to gain exp, eventho its just the Beta. Are there possible ways to bring some NPC buffers in while the Beta is up?

Also Fighterclasses get a Bow at the beginning but no Arrows at all. Also a Starter SOE would be nice.

The Duskweapons are nice. but all exept the Staff and the Sword, which were on the L2x, are just ugly. They are too Big and look absolutly shitty And wrong on the place. They look too fancy and TOO costumized. I like the “serious” costumize, L2x always had. Like that Awesomekickass hard Herosystem. The Titanium Items and the Weapons. Since its a beta, we can now balance things out. And now, while Vampiric Rage is working, Archers problem will be the SA on the Shining Bow. There is no Focus as on the Draconic Bow. Every other Weapon got a Kickass SA. Such as Dagger(Focus), Arcana Mace(Acumen), Imperial Staff (Empower – 45% m atk) etc,etc. Just the Bow got Guidance and Quick Recovery…

The rest looks pretty good. Thats as much as i found on the first minutes =P

Rinem

btw: Is it possible that i can get the donatetokens on my Ingamechar? its actually only the Beta, but its for testing anyway.
    in DeVir ingame actually. Ofc ill send you the Paypal email, which i used earlier to donate if you need it to.

silentz0r
    Administrator

XP rate has not been changed, it’s the same as it used to be. There are newbie buffers which will buff you until level 20, so visit them regularly. You also get starting buff scrolls which last 1 hour, use them wisely πŸ™‚ If we make it easier in the BETA then we won’t know whether things are good or not, which actually nullify’s the whole idea of the BETA.

L2x didn’t have Focus on Shining Bow because it was too overpowered in C3. Archers when buffed have pretty high critical rate. The Dusk/Tomb weapons are exactly the same as the ones in L2x, in fact we have taken them directly from them. We didn’t add anything. The hero system is also the same as L2x was, and the same goes with Titanium. We can test out SA Focus on archers but I’m pretty sure L2x had a reason to remove it πŸ™‚

Starting SOE is a good idea. Unfortunately we cannot add starting arrows (in C3 you cannot add multiples of the same item as starting item). Again the same as L2x (you had the same starting weapons but no arrows), just go buy some :p. For donations/tokens etc. please send emails/PMs.

Xerxes

npc buffer will leave some jobs useless, im blade dancer and i dont want to be a useless char
    people always gived me party to exp and farm bcz i have dances
    so i suggest no dual box only 1 client per ip (for inet cafe they can request it to silentz0r ) and no npc buffer
    and about exp… well it could be handy to haste a bit our testing in this beta
    in order to make some chars fast, for example i want to test pp, mage, dagger, archer,glad, etc
    but i dont have enough time to exp em during week bcz work, and in weekends i play as much i can hehe
    so what do u think silentz0r ?
    btw well done with that zelda/link armor and weapons they look great, some more custom stuff like that could be awesome

What is a drop of rain compared to the storm? What is a thought compared to the mind?

silentz0r
    Administrator

Grouping up with others gives more XP, so make some parties and level up together πŸ™‚ We could increase XP/SP and adena drops for BETA but then people will complain when we go live :s I know it’s a pain to level up chars and then lose everything, which is why BETA testers will receive rewards once we go live.

Rinem

etherian, you missunderstood. i dont want any Buffer on the real server neither. I want it clear, no NPC buffers. But in order to test the stuff (Instances, Raids, drops, the Balance of each chars, the Hero system, the skills, the stats of each buffed char etc etc) it would be nice to have those atleast in the Beta. I also hope you ARE wiping after the Beta is done. Testing it on this rate is hard. you can never test all the needed stuff whin 1 month. I played on a server which is down now. Im not naming it, but it was a C5 Server. Used OFF files. Had 2 Month of Beta testing with 400 people on it. Once the final server started we found tons of bugs, non working Heroes, bugged skills, non dropping items and so on. And we had over 4000 people on the final server. You see, testing is the hardest part. Once you got a almost perfect working server with serious background, it will run on its own. A server should be made like a Gm isnt needed. It should run by itself without a GM avaible for weeks. If you need its help daily, there must be something wrong. Im not here to critizice. Im here again because i want that server grow. I learned a hell lot while playing L2 on every single chronicle. To balance stuff out it also means, playing in A/S against Titanium should be clear to have the Titanium guy to win. Skill on using its char is also needed. Else it will end out in a Donator > Non Donator. You know silent, that im a Donator myself. So all im saying here is actually against myself. Ive Donated 229,90€ Dollar on the old Oldskool server. Still i dont want to dominate just because of this. So i like the fact of being unable to Donate for Enchants. We tested alot yesterday. Alot i was thinking of. And you saw that all ive shown you would bring trouble. Eventho we tested it on its highest possibility (Like casting speed of an SpS with ALL Casting Speed Buffs + Tattoo + Titanium Set + Baium Ring + Bless of Hero Skill) 2500 was it, right? Thats broken, the animation cant even follow its speed. Same counts for Human Daggers on fully atk speed. Hitting 2300 atk speed. It would make the Silence effect on the Hero Dagger useless , because the enemie would be dead befor the Silence would take effect. Or 1400 atk. Speed on an Archer. Thats insane. We cant fix it all. Its c3, stuff like Cancel to not work 100% cant be done. So we change it otherwise. My idea was, not to reduce its reuse, which is around 1 Minute. But change the Casttime itself. Like Cancel need 3-4 seconds to get casted. A Skill that Powerfull shouldnt be spamable. Normale on full c speed it takes less than 1/2 second to be casted. And on the same time its ready after 30 seconds. If you fight a Party on Destroyer, 1 Sps could kill them all, eventho they are all Heroes. But also Daggerskills shouldnt be able to get spammed. All Skills depends on its speed. Physical Skills depends on ATK. Speed. Magical on the Casting speed. That also counts for the reusetime. The higher the atk. Speed, the lower the reuse. On its full atk. Speed a TH could Spam all 3 blows nonstop. Adding the fact, that a endgame TH will reach 1000 Critrate, which also means a 100% landing rate of ALL Daggerskills (also Bakctsba from front) they would be spamming 100% Landing skills ALL THE TIME. Destroyer on Fullbuffs + Endgame equip will hit 1200 atk speed. On almost 800+ Critical rate and, because of the atk speed with an Dagger while using Frenzy, endless Frenzy all the time. They would solo epic raids without a Problem. 300% P atk as Titan with fullbuffs and Vampiric Rage working will make you unkillable, atleast on Raids. All that stuff, All that shit i talked about need to be tested. No for my Profit, for the sake of the server.

silentz0r
    Administrator

Agreeing on most points, and I don’t see how this is a problem. I never said we won’t test that stuff, we just need people to test other things first which are of higher importance. Everything will be tested, don’t worry about it. I even have plans on how nobody will be able to solo raids, and not it’s not by making raids harder.

After people have tested leveling and drops and gaining gear on each level, we will move on to raids, pvp, titanium, hero system and maybe sieges if we have enough people. I don’t expect everyone to just solo farm twice πŸ™‚

Rinem

My post was made for etherian. I just said that NPC Buffer for testing, even on lowlevel regions are quite helpfull.

Alkien

Will add a very useless comment but to hell with it! (am writing this with all the respect possible)

Are you freaking insane about those stats you mentioned!? Just get real and focus less on your donation stuff please. The thing is – hardly anyone will have an active BD next to them so “bye bye” to dances. Hardly anyone will have Titanium set unless you donate. And further on! Who the hell will even complete the hero recipe!? It is impossible (well almost) so also forget about silly hero skill. If however anyone manages to complete it and succeed in crafting (it is 60% only if I am not mistaken) then by all means i am happy for him and his stats boost.

Just a quick conclusion … focusing on my character (I play SPS). I won’t even reach 1000 casting speed when I equip my DC set (it is set that gives more casting than any other S set by the way) … I am having 300 stupid magic attack on my level 59 so my farming is just slow-low-slow! All in all … I can’t even start to imagine any solo raid boss killing. Why!? Even silly catacomb farming is impossible solo and it is of crucial importance since AA is needed for pretty much everything.

One small request: Lets all get real here! No NPC buffs/dances/songs = nice slow farming and/or leveling and makes most of playable chars needed.

Sorry if my comment was idiotic and completely out of place but it really gets to me when I see stuff like 2400 casting speed and 1000 critical rate written on the forum, where obtaining that is just science fiction!

It is not that you do not understand, it is that you do not even question.

Rinem

Did i hurt your feeling? ^^ At first i was talking about THE BETA. It will get wiped anyway. All you doing now is testing., your char will be deleted afterwards anyway. The buffers are for testing ONLY. And ofc our Tests went to the best possible equip. Titanium hard to get? once you have a pt of people you will be able to gain it if you’re clever. You should read carefully insteed of rangeposting my friend. I even wanted my own class to get nerfed because its f*cked. And you dont even need a Tita Set for 1000 critical rate. Its just a fact that c3 is misscalculating stats. And once again, read what i said. The casting speed of a Hero sps is letting my Win7 crash. I had the same pΓΌroblem on a c2 server i made for myself. Once my char hitted a casting/attack speed, my Game crashed. THATS why i tested it with Silent. For no toehr pupurse. Also on a setted atk speed and c. speed your char is bugging itself by using skills faster as he should and ignoring the reuse (double casts skills). And NOBODY said we gonna nerf classes. Silent on his own said that those Hero skills need to get nerfed. they are borken with that adds of stats. And you act like Titanium is the ultraarmor itself. i gain about 6% more atk speed with it compared to the S armor. So yeah, lets say i love 200 atk speed with a normal S armor. You as a sps will never be able to solo a raid. i mentoried Destroyer if you didnt saw it. Frenzy can be, on the actually sitation, spamused. even without Heroskills or Tita armor. That means, if we add only Vampiric rage (8% HP from the dealed closeup dmg) to the fact of a destroyer with nonstop frenzy (+300% P atk) he WILL be able to solo raids. He dont even need to be any kind of Donator. Thats what i was worried about. So keep your wet balls in your pants. There is no dirrect attack on any classes. Its discusion about EVERYONES stat and its limits.

Rinem

It just makes me angry when people just halfread but rangeposting. I also said that i want NON DONATOR be able to kill Donators by pure skill. So your comment about “Just get real and focus less on your donation stuff please.” was just a pussymove, and you know that. I try to test stuff on a way, that even classes like Gladiator have a chance to win in a pvp atleast.

Alkien

You are completely delusional. First of all you really do not need to call me “my friend” … Lets just say we won’t be that – ever. Secondly I never mentioned anything about Titanium being oh so very cool top of the top armor – you deluded yourself in me saying that. I was actually pointing out that DC set is my preferable one. Then … you don’t need to mention anything about “rage posting” cause I was not doing that at all … Want to read the post again, maybe? (rhetorical question)

I choose to stop explaining myself here and now, but let me just give you a tiny bit of reverse philosophy – you are the one who should read a tiny bit more careful, cause I replied to only a little section of your post and did not rage about anything whatsoever. I do however have my own opinions and I also think I do have a right to post a reply when I see fit.

tekos

Speaking of donations ..what are your prizes if I may ask ?
    I mean it’s not that I care but i believe it would be pretty discouraging for new players to join
    this cool new server and watch a guy walking around with a +16 dusk sword during the first days

Alkien

You can see the donation list in game if you open the Tutorial book in your inventory that every new character gets automatically. πŸ™‚

There won’t be any +16 people running around though (this time), and the donations are kind of reasonable in my opinion. Check and decide for yourself.

Xerxes

Ok, chill out… I don’t need to flatter telling here where I played or if I donated or not, I understand about that thing u mention for casting speed and attack speed, it shoud be limited till animations runs fine, I had that problem in past with one of mine servers and it can be fixed, for now we need some more ppl that’s all I have to say, ppl call friends / clans/ alliances / enemies / etc
    And btw I pked someone the other day when I went to exp… that one emo raged saying ohhh pk I will quit playing here… Just don’t start to act like dumbs… It is a game and is maded to play it not to qq I dunno who was but I didn’t liked that… when someone pk me I don’t qq I just keep playing and making my char stronger to pk the one who pked me… So ppl chill out that’s all, see u all later to keep testing when I’m off work
    x)

What is a drop of rain compared to the storm? What is a thought compared to the mind?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 30 total)
  • The forum ‘BETA Discussion & Bug Reports’ is closed to new topics and replies.