Crashing when setting a clan crest

Home Forums Help & Support Help & Support Crashing when setting a clan crest

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Amarant

I can’t seem to set a clan crest without crashing with the following message:

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 3100 MHz with 2047MB RAM
    Video: Intel(R) Iris(TM) Graphics 6100 (4352)

General protection fault!

History: NCVirtualWndMain::DispatchWndMsg <- NConsoleWnd::DispatchWndMsgX <- NConsoleWnd::DispatchWndMsg <- UWindowsViewport::ViewportWndProc <- WWindow::StaticProc <- MessagePump <- MainLoop

I have tested both in Wine without patching the client and in windows with the latest patches applied through the L2O Auto updater from this site.

Any ideas?

~ Ziera ~

silentz0r
    Administrator

Have you tried another crest? Maybe it’s the image that’s messed up.

Amarant

Yeah, I made sure the file is correct. Perhaps it has to do with the graphics in some way, I am running Windows in a virtual machine.

~ Ziera ~

silentz0r
    Administrator

It shouldn’t matter but I haven’t tested this myself on a VM. Either way give it a shot from an actual windows installation if possible.

Otherwise if you’re running it through Wine, run L2.exe in your shell (using wine /path/to/L2.exe or whatever other arguments you pass it) and read the debug trace on the console after trying to set a crest and getting a critical error. Maybe it’ll help you figure out exactly where the problem lies.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.