C3 and Win7 – Unplayable

Home Forums Devianne x35 BETA Discussion & Bug Reports C3 and Win7 – Unplayable

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Verena

Hiho,

first i wanna say, its a nice C3 server you got there. Now i cant realy Play here. I got Windows 7 64 Bit version, the Game starts normaly, i can Login aswell. But ingame im crashing all the time. every 30 minutes. Not only critical errors like Virtual Memory lack, but also Client crashes by Windows7 (L2.exe does not respond and needs to be stopped). I just tested it with my Office Laptop which runns with Windows XP and with my Gaming PC Windows 7. On WinXP i could run 2 Accounts for around 6 houres without any Problem, Error or Crash. But on Win7, even without Moving or using Tab, the Game crashes itself ALL the time. Its simply Unplayable if you just remind that you could die while crashing and dropping Stuff. And my Laptop is not made to Play (512 MB Ram and 256 MB Graphic on my Laptop and 300 GB Space but never get any Virtual Memory Error. And on my 16 GB Ram, 2 GB Graphic and 2 TB Space Gaming PC im getting this Message every 30 minutes…)

I Hope you can fix the Win7 issues soon, because else every Win7 Player will be lost…

(Ver)Ena

silentz0r
    Administrator

Hello there and welcome,

we’re glad you enjoy our server. We have fixed the Win7 issues. I personally can run L2 for many hours, it’s never crashed for me (on Win7 64bit with a 2 year old graphics card and 4GB of ram). You can try launching L2.exe and then go to task manager (ctrl+shift+escape), find L2.exe in the processes tab and try to set affinity to only 1 core.

I have some more ideas so let me know whether that works or not.

silentz0r

Xerxes

Use fullscreen mode and it won’t crash, ofc I’m talking about no dualbox only 1 client, I have win 7 and it runs very fine in fullscreen

What is a drop of rain compared to the storm? What is a thought compared to the mind?

sharyn

“We have fixed the Win7 issues. I personally can run L2 for many hours, it’s never crashed for me (on Win7 64bit with a 2 year old graphics card and 4GB of ram). You can try launching L2.exe and then go to task manager (ctrl+shift+escape), find L2.exe in the processes tab and try to set affinity to only 1 core.”

That doesn’t solve the alt-tab problem, I just tried. And I agree with Verena. If I can’t quickly reply on skype or check something in my browser without crashing, i’m afraid I won’t play here :/

Verena

For me its not only the Tab, im using fullscreen. But still Windows 7 Crashed the Game itself. I cant go to my Desktop because else the game will Crash also (No Tab, just the Windows Home Button) I did the same on my Shitty XP Laptop, and never had any Problem, but Win7 seems to not like C3. However, since we are so less player, dualboxing is needed. But i just cant. Also why do i always get the Memory Space Problem? i checked the other Post about it but it didnt helped. i’ve setted almost 40% of my avaible Space for the Virtual Memory. Which should be by far enough.

sharyn

Can’t help you with the memory problem, but rest is what we refer to alt-tab crash, clicking outside the client if you play in windowed mode, or alt-tab or windows button or whatever in fullscreen that gets you out of the game will almost always crash the client on win7

Xerxes

Virtual memory is related to the amount of ram memory u hav, better leave that for windows to manage…
    Ok listen install virtual box, and put windows XP there, didn’t you tryed that yet? Lol
    Btw windows home key is the same as doing alt tab effect on L2 client
    Otherwise also sandbox program may result handy
    But to be honest when I play here I don’t need to alt tab, also another thing to try is to kill explorer process so if u press windows key nothing will happen

What is a drop of rain compared to the storm? What is a thought compared to the mind?

Xerxes

(i play under windows 7 and i dont have any problem )
    1 more thing, will say this for last time i hope you ppl understand, i wont repeat this again
    this game is NOT made to play dual box
    need buffs? get a clan hall
    going to play for some hours? close all programs set the game fullscreen and enjoy

Verena

I do not install tons of extra programms to let it run, thats not my job. and Lineage 2 wasnt made for 1 client only, thats simply bullshit. if it was so, NC soft would have bring up a IP blockade itself. Which how many chars you wanna play should depend on yourself. Easy as that. WHo are you to tell people how L2 should’ve be? I play a Sws myself and dualbox a SE for Vampiric Rage. Under all the hundrets of Servers i played, even all the official server i used to play, there were NEVER anything like “only 1 char each play” thats just your wish.

silentz0r
    Administrator

We will do our best to fix this, but until then yes – you cannot lose focus from L2.exe window or it’s going to crash (doesn’t matter if you’re full screen, windowed mode, if you use alt-tab or windows button). It’s the fact that the window loses focus that makes it crash.

I know this is really annoying and we’re doing our best. I have noticed that running TeamViewer (justs launching it, not connecting anywhere) makes L2.exe stable as a rock, I can do my work properly and have L2 running in the background. I know it’s a silly fix but it’s a fix for now, especially if you are using TeamViewer (TeamViewer is official software, all you have to do is download it and let it run in the background – it won’t do anything to your computer, you also don’t need to use it in any way. Just let it run there).

Download link: http://download.teamviewer.com/download/version_8x/TeamViewer_Setup.exe

EDIT: You need to create a TeamViewer account and sign in (on the right hand window, “Computers & Contacts). Also try disabling Desktop composition for L2: http://i.imgur.com/6gOhkIZ.png

Xerxes

the only bullsh1t here is this topic bcz the game is perfectly playable under windows 7
    i only gived my advice of how you can sucess, if you dont like that fine not my problem.

sharyn

Do I have to do something with Teamviewer ? I just tried to start it and leave it there, I still crash as soon as I click the speaker icon to change volume, which is the most annoying thing ever when I listen to music while playing.

silentz0r
    Administrator

You need to make an account and sign in to TeamViewer I think (on the right hand box). It’s the only way for me so far.

sharyn

Wow it works~ thanks a lot silentz0r

silentz0r
    Administrator

No problem, it’s a pretty random “fix” but it gets the job done. I really can’t understand why this works.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The forum ‘BETA Discussion & Bug Reports’ is closed to new topics and replies.