1 more way to raise online

Home Forums Report Section Suggestions 1 more way to raise online

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    mcstas

Hi, i’m here not for a long time, but i like this server very much. So far i’d like to see a bit higher online here. My suggestion concerns runet. I’m from Russia and i know there s a lot of people in my country who would like to play here, cause there ‘s no such server in runet (i mean c3). So if it’s possible you could add russian meta tags of your server if google and yandex. I’m sure it can raise online here. Admin if you’re interested please reply in pm.

silentz0r
    Administrator

I’ll be discussing this with toolpunk and we’ll let you know, thanks for posting!

We do have a few concerns about language support. If people find this server with Russian tags, they might assume it’s a Russian server. We’ll have to think about a way to approach this, we would probably need a Russian GM and a Russian section in our Forums. I am also pretty certain that we would need a Russian client (which we could provide, but then the online chat would look unreadable for people using the English client and vice-versa).

As far as the server just appearing in google.ru searches, I am pretty sure that searching “L2 C3” or “Lineage 2 C3” will give you our server as the first result:

https://www.google.ru/#newwindow=1&q=lineage+2+c3
    https://www.google.ru/#newwindow=1&q=l2+c3

The only thing that worries me is having a lot of non English speakers asking questions which we won’t be able to respond to, as neither me nor toolpunk speak Russian. Nor do we know anyone (in our circle) who does.

Could you explain your thinking a bit more?
    Thanks

mcstas

Well, i think it’s not a huge problem at all. Lineage is an international game)) Those people i’m talking about (who played c3 in 2004-2005) will easily understand english for sure. As far i remember we were passing our ocupations by using even Korean guides, cause there were no any russian one sometimes… All of them are 20+ and most of them are english speakers. There is no need to translate client/interface into russian, everyone will understand i think. There are a lot of even russian servers without full client translation. The same thing about chat – we can use transliteration and type russian words with english letters. There were no support of cyrillic symbols till c3 times.. so it’s also not a problem. Those who really want to play will do it despite all troubles)

silentz0r
    Administrator

Okay, that’s great. Well, neither me nor toolpunk know what yandex is, we’ve never really used it, and since the server is already top google suggestion I don’t really know what else to do with google. Could you analyze your suggestion (with more technical details) or give us a link? What more are you suggesting that we do?

mcstas

Ok. First of all add to your google tags the next one:
    l2 c3 сервер (“сервер” means server, so you may also add diferrent subjects like Lineage 2 c3 сервер etc.)
    additionaly you can use “линейдж” as “lineage”

Concerning yandex it works almost the same way as google does, except some features.. i can help you with details, there might be english UI. go to: yandex.ru and try to choose english, if the geo ip woun’t change it automatically.

The one more way to promote this wonderful server is – vk.com, i’m sure you’ve heard about it. It has english interface for sure, so you can create an account and after that create a public or a group like this one http://vk.com/l2c1server
    The best way to promote it – by using russian promo text. Post here short description of your server and i’ll translate it into russian.

I think these steps will help us to make online here a little bit higher =)

silentz0r
    Administrator

Awesome, I’ll look into this, thanks.

Xerxes

: /

What is a drop of rain compared to the storm? What is a thought compared to the mind?

slimzp

Russian, I live in Ukraine, but I will say that ðóíåò urknet one word and the whole audience enjoys http://www.l2top.ru add your site.

slimzp

and yet many people do not stay on the server because no NPC buff! the reason that people do not want to play in the 3-4 window and dragging her by a Buffer

slimzp

and about the Russian client and IM is not a question I can afford!

slimzp

add this site after the Russian rating you’ll add them on the site

L2top.ru: Рейтинг-каталог серверов Lineage2

Banner make it there, I’ll upload
    (Maximum of 50 kb, size: 468 * 60 pixels, allowed file types: png, jpg, gif; Banners displayed only servers Elite category and above, as well as in almost opened servers)

and more kindly requested to make a description of your server, it is also necessary

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.